Welcome Note

For family members submitting recipes: please double and triple check to make sure you've got all amounts correct and all the necessary ingredients in your recipes. Fill in the label box only with MAJOR ingredients for easier searching (salt and pepper really are not necessary) as well as if the recipe is a main dish, side dish, soup, salad, bread, and/or dessert. Pictures are awesome but not necessary if unavailable.

For random readers from across the world who happen upon this little blog: welcome and we hope you enjoy the recipes from our family's kitchens!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Beefy Chicken Breast

Spread bottom of pan with packaged chipped beef, cut up (a few Budding 3 oz packages). Place raw chicken breasts on top. Pour 1-10 3/4 oz. can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup mixed with 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 c. sour cream. Bake at 350° until done.  OR, can be done in electric frying pan.

These are just easy and tasty.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great recipe! I had thawed 1½ pounds of chicken with the intention of trying a friends recipe of "Cashew Chicken." Unfortunately I only had Corn Meal, not Corn Starch. Corn Meal does not work well as a thickener, so I found a recipe for Sweet & Sour Chicken... it too required corn starch.

    I was bummed, not feeling well and fighting a cold, and it was almost 7:00pm. I needed to find something quick, filling, and yummy to give my kids a good meal. So I checked our Monson Kitchen site (this one), and found your recipe. Suddenly life had hope once more! :-)

    And it was yummy! I probably shouldn't have doubled the Cream of Mushroom soup, milk, and sour cream sauce... it was more like a soup. But it warmed us up. I also used thin sliced honey ham, which I likewise doubled. ALL of my kids loved it, and I steamed some fresh broccoli for a side. Perfect meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious, as always! it's been a while since I made it, but everyone liked it (Except Sariah) I actually didn't have any thin sliced meat, but I did have a frozen round of sliced bologna that was 2½ years old. Cooked up, with the outer edges cut off, it was tasty enough. :-) Waste not, want not, eh?

    ReplyDelete