Welcome Note

For family members submitting recipes: please double and triple check to make sure you've got all amounts correct and all the necessary ingredients in your recipes. Fill in the label box only with MAJOR ingredients for easier searching (salt and pepper really are not necessary) as well as if the recipe is a main dish, side dish, soup, salad, bread, and/or dessert. Pictures are awesome but not necessary if unavailable.

For random readers from across the world who happen upon this little blog: welcome and we hope you enjoy the recipes from our family's kitchens!

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Banana Shake

Here is an approximate recipe for the Banana Shake that I remember Dad making for us whilst living in Orem.  Perhaps Mom made it as well, but my memories were of Dad blending it up on many a hot summer day.

It is a fast, easy recipe, and I realized this evening that it had been a long time since I last made it for my children... possibly since before Sariah was born.  To many a happy smile, I blended it up as an appetizer for my kids while the casserole cooked...  Sariah was my official taste-tester, and after a sip (that turned into a long gulp), she immediately responded, "I want my own, Daddy!"

Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 6 ice cubes

Directions:
  • Cut each banana into 2 or 3 pieces.
  • Drop banana segments into your trustee Oysterizer blender.
  • Add sugar and milk, altering milk quantity as needed for banana size variance, and desired concentration.
  • Start blending, and add ice cubes a couple at a time.
  • Serve to smiling faces.  Or, watch as a happy smile appears. :-)
NOTE:  While many Banana Shake/Smoothie recipes do not call for vanilla, I have always considered it an essential ingredient.  First, I love vanilla in deserts and drinks.  Second, while the banana flavour does over-power even a healthy dose of vanilla, the richness that results from using it is unmistakable.  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks so easy to make and i have all the ingredients at hand! i will make this right now! Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete